Dave Holland - Extended Play - Live at Birdland


Inspired by seeing Wolverhampton's finest play with his Quintet at AB the other week, I purchased myself a copy of their double live album Live at Birdland.

Giving it a spin, I've got to conclude that this has got to be one of the finest live Jazz albums of all time and would be a worthy addition to the top live album list I posted earlier. Live at Birdland runs the whole gamut of modern jazz, taking you on a roller coaster of cool, with each track hitting the mark with greater regularity than Steve Bull. As with the live gig I attended the sound stage of this album is breathtakingly wide and deserves a listen at the end of the day, with a single malt in your hand and your brain set to deep chill.

In one word, bostin!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life On Mars Soundtrack

Pop Quiz

The 100 Best and Absolute Greatest Heavy Metal Albums in the World, Ever.