Motorized at AB Brussels Part 1 - Iron Fisted



Opening up with a blistering rendition of Iron Fist segueing seamlessly into Stay Clean, Motorhead strut the boards at Ancienne Belgique Brussels and the crowd go wild, including yours truly. It's been 27 years since I first saw Motorhead and some things never change, Lemmy till has more charisma in his little finger and he plays base like some mad god of rock while messrs Campbell and Mickey Dee just get better every year.



There follow Be My Baby and Rock Out. A special prize for anyone who can identify yours truly in the following footage. The angle I took the above picture at and the fact I was in the front row are a clue, as is my arm that periodically stabs the air with the intensity of Norman Bates on speed.



Back to a couple of golden oldies Metropolis and Over The Top, followed by One Night Stand, I Got Mine and the second song off the new album, Thousand Names Of God.

Civil War and Another Perfect Day, are then followed by a nice little guitar solo from Phil Campbell and a stonking drum solo, from master of the sticks Mickey Dee, that book ends In The Name Of Tragedy. Just 'cos You Got The Power... and Going To Brazil follow (I may have the order wrong and may have missed a few tracks, but hey I was busy rocking out at the front). A nice balance of old and new material, delivered with surgical precision by a band at the peak of their form.

Comments

Löst Jimmy said…
Hi George - what can I say but 'Wunderbar!'

I'll be making mention of your MH bash later in the week over on my blog if that's ok with you?
George Ternent said…
Go for it Jimmy.

Now if I could only get my ears to stop ringing...

Popular posts from this blog

Life On Mars Soundtrack

Pop Quiz

The 100 Best and Absolute Greatest Heavy Metal Albums in the World, Ever.