The Fleet Foxes go to ground at AB


I've always loved a good blast of harmony from a band, CSNY, The Grateful Dead, Spirit. Vocals that soar like an eagle and lift you up to a higher plain. Into this illustrious group I can now add The Fleet Foxes. I learnt the band was playing AB when I spotted a poster when picking up my tickets to see Dave Holland. I'd never heard of thm at the time, but the rave reviews by such illustrious tomes as the Guardian and the Times, on the aforementioned flyer persuaded me to get tickets. Oh woe was me when told that they'd sold out, but an addition to a waiting list and a call a few weeks later to say that tickets were available saw me and Big Phil sitting at the back of AB waiting forth the band to come.

First off the support act, J. Tillman came on, wisecracking and strumming his way through an acoustic set to rapturous applause. Then the Foxes appeared with our erstwhile support act guitarist transforming into the bands drummer. J. Tillman Foxes in Disguise... The music from Seattle's fines was achingly beautiful and more than lived up to the previous gigs I've seen this last month. The crowds reaction was almost orgasmic as brilliant track followed brilliant track in a truly memorable set. Trust me, this band will be huge, buy the album then see them while you can, I suspect tickets may not be as easy to acquire in the future.

Stunning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life On Mars Soundtrack

Pop Quiz

The 100 Best and Absolute Greatest Heavy Metal Albums in the World, Ever.