last.fm

I was playing about with Last FM last night. Last FM is an application that keeps track of the last tracks you played on your PC, then allows you to display them on social networking sites such as Facebook or on blogs, such as this one. This is done via plugins to popular music players such as Windows media or Win Amp.

Sampling some of these goodies I've added, two music quilts on the right hand side of this blog. Far better than the sort that Grandma used to make, these cycle through the pictures of album covers. I created two. One for Hawkwind and one that cycles through the bands listed in my MySpace profile.

I also added a radio widget which allows you to play bands in my favorites or that are similar in nature. Hit the play button on this to get some quality music to listen to while you surf the net.

Finally I've added an RSS feed from the site to display the last five tracks I've played.

Check it out, I've got a feeling that Radio Motörhead will be appearing on a blog in the near future.

Comments

Löst Jimmy said…
I like the Hawkwind album quilt idea a lot!
And of course it highlights a host of very amazing albums. You have inspired me to give Brainstorm a listen to - best way to start the weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Life On Mars Soundtrack

Pop Quiz

The 100 Best and Absolute Greatest Heavy Metal Albums in the World, Ever.