In The Belly Of The Raven (26/80)





Saturday afternoon in Brussels, with a newly aquired copy of Around Brussels in 80 Beers in hand, I made my way to #26, Corbeau, The Raven.

An excellent ham and cheese omellette washed down with a superb Queue De Charrue bruin beer, in a wood panelled bar oozing class in spades. Queue de Charrune is aged in oak and has a complex taste, redolant of fruit with subtle liqourice overtones. Tart, yet sweet at the same time, it's well worth checking out.

Good food and good beer, a winning combination and a great start to the guide.



View Larger Map

Footnote: A return visit to the bar later in the evening was equally as ggod. Of special note, the coconut beer, Mongozo, and the excellent roquefort sauce that accompanied the damned fine steak that constituted tonights dinner.

Comments

Löst Jimmy said…
Man, that is heaven George!
Beer and food and a perfect location, you just can't beat it!
George Ternent said…
I just put in a return visit this evening after meeting up with my good friend Mickey and has lady. The coconut beer, Mongozo, and that old honey flavored stalwart, Barbar, both acquitted themselves well in the taste stakes. Speaking of steaks, the Roquefort sauce with the meaty delight that passed for dinner was equally wonderful. Putting on my sooth sayer head, I think I'll be back there again at some stage.
Löst Jimmy said…
I'm sold on the Coconut Beer George!
Most delicious I'd wager!!
Have a good rest of the weekend
George Ternent said…
You put the lime in da coconut and shake dem both up.

I've switched my Around Brussels In 80 Beers post to Greasy Truckers Party food. As they're food and drink related, that's probably a better home for them.

Just listening to some Godsmack (IV) and Tool (Ænima) I bought over the weekend. Two phenomonally good metal albums. Stick them on your list of CDs to buy. Lovely stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

Life On Mars Soundtrack

Pop Quiz

The 100 Best and Absolute Greatest Heavy Metal Albums in the World, Ever.