Bad Hair Day


Walking into my local heavy metal CD store in Brussels today, I picked up two shiny disks of joy. One was Motley Crue's Shout At The Devil, and the other featured this well coiffeured rocker.

Pop quiz, who's this candidate for Hair Bair Bunch the motion picture and, for bonus points, who were the band and what was the album I bought?

On another topic, I picked up a copy of Vetiver's Thing Of The Past LP. Well worth the asking price for a cracking cover version of Hawkwind's Hurry On Sundown. Listening to Vetiver is like eating a sunshine sandwich. Mellow, chill out music of the gods, harmonically reminiscent of the Grateful Dead in their pomp, which is no bad thing. Also recommended, their latest album, Tight Knit.

Comments

George Ternent said…
Ahh but who is it Jimmy, that is the question...
Löst Jimmy said…
It looks a lot like a certain Mr Mikkey Dee during his Don Dokken stint?
George Ternent said…
It certainly is a young Mikkey, taken from the inside cover of the King Diamond epic, Abigail. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it. I don't think Lemmy or Phil Campbell ever had such a glorious quiff, though it's given me some ideas for my own folicles.
Löst Jimmy said…
I dunno George, Phil had a bit of a fluff up during his Persian Risk days methinks.
I wish I had enough folicles!

Popular posts from this blog

Life On Mars Soundtrack

Pop Quiz

The 100 Best and Absolute Greatest Heavy Metal Albums in the World, Ever.