Moshing to Mudhoney in Berlin


The last time I was in a mosh pit was at Motorheads 25th anniversary concert in Brixton, the birthplace of punk, it's ironic then that the band to drag me back into the pogoing fray were the godfathers of grunge, Mudhoney, returning to Berlin after a 15 year absence.

Tracks from their new album, The Lucky Ones, meshed seamlessly with their old classics, as body surfers cascaded onto the stage in a blitzkrieg of the flesh. On that stage lead singer Mark Arm threw himself around like a man possessed, running at the crowd one minute and jerking around in demonic puppet fashion the next. A punk master in all his pomp. "You may have noticed we had Kurt Cobain on stage with us earlier", he quipped. "He was a bit smaller than I remembered him".

Touch me I'm sick in particular brought the house down, with the German audience freaking out en masse. Two encores rounded off proceedings, with the crowd still baying for more.

All in all a fantastic nights entertainment. 10 out of 10 for both the band and the crowd. Brilliant.

Comments

Löst Jimmy said…
Sounds like an evening of magic!

Mosh pit action too eh!?
George Ternent said…
I think I'm getting too old to mosh.

I just had another magic night listening to a two piece from Gent, Madensuyu, and they were seriously good. I've got both of their studio albums, but nothing prepared me for how good they were live. Another nights serious freaking out on a dance floor, I don't think my legs can take it. Gig report to follow.

Popular posts from this blog

Life On Mars Soundtrack

Pop Quiz

The 100 Best and Absolute Greatest Heavy Metal Albums in the World, Ever.