Madensuyu at KVS Brussels


24 hours on from Mudhoney's Berlin gig, I was still buzzing from their adrenaline fueled brand of West Coast punk. Madensuyu in Brussels were going to have to be exceptional to take me to the same heady levels of rock nirvana.

And exceptional they were. For a two man band Madensuyu produce a wall of sound that is simply astonishing. Listening to their studio material had given me an inkling of what they could do, but live they are something else. Woman, Fafafuckin', Tread On Tread Light... hypnotic pulsating music that blows the mind.

Ghent's finest have raised my live rock bar another couple of notches and reaffirmed my belief in just how good the Belgian musical scene is at the moment.

Go out and buy their albums. Better still, if you can, see them live, you wont regret it.

Finally, here are a few more images from a truly memorable night in Brussels.

Comments

suki jenkins said…
I told you Belgium rocks! That is why I have such a great job.
suki jenkins said…
I told you! Belgium rocks! That is why I love my job...

Popular posts from this blog

Life On Mars Soundtrack

Pop Quiz

The 100 Best and Absolute Greatest Heavy Metal Albums in the World, Ever.