Tread On Tread Dark


Last Tuesday night I was in Bonnefooi bar when I bumped into Madensuyu's friendly neighborhood sound engineer and pole dancing panda, Tom. "Hey shouldn't you be out in South America with the band?", I asked, to which he replied with a nod in the direction of a chair in which sat the aforementioned bands lead singer and guitarist, Pieterjan Vervondel. Doh! Yet again my powers of observation, and spidey senses, had failed me.

Speaking to the guitar maestro, I was told that The Brasilian tour was amazing, with the footage I'd seen of St Paulo typical of the reception they'd received. Tens of thousands of partying South Americans sambaing to the primal rythm of Ghent's greatest export. Now that's mind boggling.

I then asked about the prospects for a new album after their outstanding previous release. "D is Done was a deep album, a dark album." I was told, "The next will be deeper, darker.". When will it be released? I asked to which I received the depressing news that it would be "in two to three years time". Fefefefefeck! Two to three years is a long time to wait, but, as with all great bands, I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

In the meantime to stave off withdrawal symptoms, Madensuyu can be seen at the AB in Brussels on May 30th, along with Brooklyn's Growing, a drone/ambient/noise band and a Norwegian Psychedelic/Indie-Rock/Metal outfit called Motorsycho. Any band with Motor in their band name can't be bad and I always was a big Stuart Pearce fan!

Further fixes of the band live this year can also be obtained at:-
  • Tivoli (Klub Radar), Utrecht (NL), March 20th @ 21:00
  • Les Nuits Botanique, Brussel, May 9th @ 20:00
  • SPOTfestival, Aarhus (DK), May 20th @ 20:00
  • Studenterhuset, Aalborg (DK), May 21st @ 20:00
  • Huset Magstraede, Kopenhagen (DK), May 23rd @ 20:00
D is done, time to get started on 'E' I think. Tread on tread light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life On Mars Soundtrack

Pop Quiz

The 100 Best and Absolute Greatest Heavy Metal Albums in the World, Ever.