Tickets To Ride

I think I'm gonna be sad, think it's today... Well I was a bit on Friday night when I failed in my attempt to get a ticket to see the excellent Yo La Tengo at Botanique. Not wanting to maintain a maudlin mood for too long, and to avoid future disapointments of a giggish nature, I decided to get one step ahead of the game and purchase some concert tickets.


First up next Tuesday is Chester French. I noticed they were playing Botanique, checked them out on-line and having discovered they have a good rep, decided to check them out.


I came across The Dirty Projectors listening to their collaboration with David Byrne on the indie compilation Dark Was The Night.

Any band favoured by Mr Psycho Killer has got to be worth a punt, as is the aforementioned compilation, which is most excellent by the way.


Rounding off this little trilogy of musical delight is a subtle harmonic band from blighty. Quiet, introspective music from the godfathers of folk... Only kidding, I'm sure Motörhead will unleash their usual brand of ear bleeding mayhem on November 5th. It'll be interesting seeing them at Forest National, a tad larger than their usual venue of Ancienne Belgique. As an aside, Cliff Richard And The Shadows are playing there 3 days later. Perhaps Lemmy will turn up to jam on a version of Summer Holiday with them. Alternatively Cliff could add his vocal talents to Killed By Death. The Vorst is yet to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life On Mars Soundtrack

Pop Quiz

The 100 Best and Absolute Greatest Heavy Metal Albums in the World, Ever.