Port des Indes



Port des Indes is something of a rarity in Brussels, a top quality Indian restaurant. The Thali I ate there tonight was excellent and wouldn't have been out of place in one of the UK's finest Indian eatery's. I was especially impressed with the wooden statue of Stacia on the stairwell. Perhaps I was just Born To Go there.

The owner, Belgian nomad and antiques collector Karl Steppe, also runs the Blue Elephant Thai restaurant in Brussels. On the strength of the quality of the Indian food I had tonight I'll have to pay that a visit some time.

La Porte des Indes Brussels 455 Av. Louise, 1050 Brussels, Belgium Tel: +32 2 647 86 51 Fax: +32 2 640 30 59 E-mail: brussels@LaPorteDesIndes.com

To get there by public transport, take the 94 tram from Place de Louise and get off at Abbaye. From there the restaurant is a short walk up the street.



Comments

Löst Jimmy said…
Welcome back!

I look forward to reading some interesting new posts over the coming weeks. And I can see it has started off well my friend....
Löst Jimmy said…
By the way George, how was the prices in this restuarant - it looks a wonderful venue. Your mention of Thali, just tortured in tastebuds!!
I am in need of some serious Indian food...again!

Great photo by the way which did not go unnoticed by me
George Ternent said…
Hi Jimmy. The prices were a tad steep at 32 Euros for that Thali, but then again the food was good. Not quite up to the standard of the Hall of the Mountain Grill though. Their 'Beenz' on toast is legendary.

:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Life On Mars Soundtrack

Pop Quiz

The 100 Best and Absolute Greatest Heavy Metal Albums in the World, Ever.